27 rue Richebourg
More information :www.heresztyn-mazzini.com
The domain: Domaine Heresztyn was established in Gevrey Chambertin two generations ago.
Florence is the grand- daughter and daughter of Polish immigrants in the 1930s, respectively Jan and Stanislas, the latter of which extended the estate.
Florence took over the family business which she manages with her husband Simon Mazzini who is also a winegrower in the champagne district.
The 2012 vintage was the first for this couple who cultivate 5.5 hectares over Gevrey-Chambertin, Morey-Saint-Denis and Chambolle-Musigny using environmentally friendly methods of agriculture: "We feel attached to the Côte de Nuits area and its very special nature and it is a pleasure to bring out the best of this land as faithfully as possible. In establishing this new domain, our ambition is to continue the family tradition but in accordance with our visions of wine making, in other words a modern and dynamic approach because Burgundy wines with all their history, still have to be wines of today".
Appellations regional :
- Burgundy pinot noir
- Burgundy chardonnay
Appellations Village :
- Gevrey-Chambertin « Vieilles Vignes »
- Gevrey-Chambertin « Clos Village »
- Gevrey-Chambertin Vieilles Vignes "Les Songes"
- Gevrey-Chambertin Vieilles Vignes "Les Jouises"
Appellations 1er Crus and Grand Cru :
- Gevrey-Chambertin 1er cru « La Perrière »
- Gevrey-Chambertin 1er cru « Les Goulots »
- Gevrey-Chambertin 1er cru « Les Champonnets »
- Morey-Saint-Denis 1er cru « Les Millandes »
- « Clos-Saint-Denis » grand cru