Musician, comedian,epicurean....

Musician, comedian,epicurean......that’s me : I like to learn new things, I like meeting people, I like work well done!

When I first arrived in this magnificent region, I was struck by 3 features in particular: the sense of solidarity, friendship and true burgundian hospitality! For instance, I was very quickly drawn into the warm and welcoming Confrérie de Saint-Denis fellowship and soon after became a member of the all-female jury for the “Féminalises” contest.

Burgundy, wine, music.....3 loves inseparable from my female existence......Simone Weil,  the philosopher, once said “I maintain that my condition as a woman should be recognized for its difference and in no way should there be an obligation to adapt oneself to the masculine order of life”.

Looking back to the time when I first discovered wine, I cannot help comparing this to my early stages in playing the cello: the same sensations revealed in a few seconds: a glass of white wine reflecting the sun or a glass of ruby red, the delicate feeling of the wine on the palate and its gradual warmth as it works its way freely like music through the body. Life was ahead of me: I spent hours with my musical instrument so as to gain artistical excellence – just like the toil involved in winemaking: sheer hard work to achieve the state of the art.

I dare to say that wine for me is a source of inspiration for my thoughts and dreams! As for my dear Brahms on his deathbed, when the time comes  I will almost certainly ask for a glass of white wine and will exclaim when finished “that was good!” – those were his last words! We must not forget that Marie Jaëll – great composer and friend of Liszt – was also a lover of burgundy wines!

It is largely because of our deep interests –   or perhaps simply the beauty of life  -- that we wish to show off our feminine talent, our work and our unique versatility of mind.

Lets move forward together, all with a single objective and oblivious to what characterizes men and women: live our lives to the full!

Mona Lou Parmentier

https://www.facebook.com/ensemble.tamaris